Capcom on exactly how Resident Evil 6's "Agent Hunt" mode will work
GAME NAME: Resident Evil 6
PLATFORM(S): PC, Xbox 360, PS3
GENRE(S): Action horror
RELEASE DATE(S): 2 October 2012
I'm going to be honest here: with the limited amount of information first provided, I was filling in some gaps when describing Resident Evil 6's "Agent Hunt" mode last week. Now, we've got the official skinny from Capcom.
Says Capcom, "As a ‘hunter’ players will be able to infiltrate other players’ sessions with the aim of eliminating the human characters. As a hunter, players will have access to the unique movements and attacks of each of the enemies, including those of the various J’avo transformations."
Here are the facts surrounding "Agent Hunt":
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session
- Only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
Resident Evil 6 -- complete with "Agent Hunt" -- will be available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 from 2 October.