Robots and Pencils and First Star Software, along with Warner Bros. have just announced that Spy vs Spy will be sneaking onto iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads very soon.
Based on the original MAD Magazine Spy vs Spy game published by First Star Software in 1984 for the Apple II, Atari 400/800 and Commodore 64, “this modern update includes HD visuals and a player’s choice of modern or retro graphics and sound tracks,” said First Star.
It was also extremely awesome.
Here’s a feature list directly from First Star themselves:
- Control the battlefield with BYOB (Bring Your Own Bomb) tactics
- A plethora of traps, weapons, loot and mischief in modern and retro modes
- Experience the revolutionary retro classic’s Simulvision™, Simulplay™ and Trapulator™ now in full HD
- Try your hand at international espionage with online and local multiplayer matches.
- All new campaign mode featuring the 8 original embassies as well as 16 new ones
- Integrated Game Center leaderboards and achievements
Spy vs Spy returns on iPhone and iPad in the App Store this Winter.