Konami’s kicking things off a little early this time around with a pre-E3 press conference.
If you want to watch the livestream as it happens, click here.
For those wanting a summarised experience, you’re at the right place! Refresh this page to see the latest and greatest from Konami’s stream.
- Konami is happy to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Metal Gear, beginning the celebrations at the “Art of the Video Game” exhibition at the Smithsonian.
Social games – studio update
- We’re introduced to a new San Francisco-based operations team, handling Konami’s social games. Those games include the likes of Frogger Pinball and Twilight Carnival.
- Frogger Pinball is out for Facebook and iOS, and Frogger Frenzy will soon be released on iOS.
- Konami’s made a deal with Zynga to publish their work across Zynga’s network.
Pro Evolution Soccer – studio update
- The Pro Evo Soccer team is working on ball handling, and player ID systems.
- A new “deft touch” dribble system has been added to PES. Passing has also been improved; two pass-types are available, a high-slow and low-hard pass.
- PES defensive features have also been improved, such as “responsive defence” where AI defenders do more than just go after the ball. They predict what players are trying to accomplish, and then attempt to stop it.
- PES social media interfaces are being designed, and a downloadble demo will be available shortly.
Zone of the Elders HD Collection – studio update
- Hideo Kojima, presenting.
- Zone of the Elders HD will be available on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Konami has spent quite a bit of time on restoring the game so it looks great in high resolution.
- A new opening animation has been created for the title, thanks to Sunrise Studios.
Metal Gear 25th Anniversary
- Mr. Kojima reflects on Snake’s evolution over the last 25 years. From text-dialogue, to sound, to speech, to three-dimensionality.
- Mr. Kojima reflects on the success of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and its upcoming release on PS Vita.
- The Fox Engine will be powering Metal Gear Rising, and (as you may expect) Mr. Kojima is quite excited about it.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance details and trailer reveal
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance trailer airs; “mind control” “idols betrayed” and other phrases flash across the screen as we’re treated to visuals of a man basically gutting another with a buster-sword looking weapon.
- Raiden’s got a rocket launcher in one small scene!
- “Cyborg technology runs rampant, and information flows freely,” says the narrator.
- “When the battle raging around you reflects the battle within, the only path back to the light is through the darkness.”
- Um…so Raiden just cut a helicopter to bits. It was pretty cool looking.
- Raiden’s scenes were always cut-scenes, and Konami is answering fan’s calls to put players into his shoes during those amazing action sequences.
- Kenji Saito, Platinum Games: “The main focus of the game is slashing.”
- Ninja mode allows you to run faster, jump higher, and take out more enemies.
- The Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance advanced demo will be released with the Zone of the Elders HD Collection this holiday season; a downloadable version will later hit Xbox Live and PSN.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 trailer
- Looks bad-ass. World of Warcraft-esque, even.
- No words spoken, just some cinematic music as baddies destroy armies, and a good and bad guy face off at the trailer’s end. It looks epic!
- A trailer asks us to “look into the mirror June 5,” but no other details are given. A Nintendo 3DS logo flashes before the conference ends.
That’s it! Thanks for joining us!